Spiced Pulled Pork and Avocado Sandwich
Just in time for the big game spicy pulled pork sandwiches with avocado.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeno stem removed, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder divided
- 2 cups pulled pork
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lime
- 8 slices crusty french bread toasted
- 2 avocados pits and skins removed, sliced
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Stir in onion, jalapeno, garlic powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Stir in pork and cook just until warmed through. Stir in cilantro. Remove from heat.
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lime and remaining chili powder.
To make one sandwich: spread mayonnaise on toasted bread, top with 1/4 of the pork mixture and 2 slices of avocado. Serve.
Keywords: entree, Food, man food, pulled pork, Recipe, sandwich, spicy, super bowl