Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Butter
Traditional pumpkin butter gets a twist from dark chocolate. Perfect for breakfast OR dessert.
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until butter thickens.
Allow to cool to room temperature, spread on toast, crackers or use as a dip for fruit. Store any leftovers in a covered container for up to a week.
Keywords: Breakfast, comfort food, dessert, fall, pumpkin, pumpkin butter, pumpkin puree, sweet