Fajita Chicken Chili
If you like chicken fajitas you'll love this tummy warming fajita chicken chili.
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder optional
- 1 1/4 pound chicken breast diced into bit size pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans drained
- 1 7 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
In a bowl combine 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder, chicken breast and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir until the chicken is coated in the spices. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
After the chicken has marinated, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook chicken just until browned. Transfer to a plate.
In the same pot that you cooked the chicken in add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Cook onions and bell peppers until softened, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to the pan. Pour in tomato sauce, black beans and green chilies. Add in remaining garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder and chipotle powder. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Season to taste with salt.
Ladle into soup bowls and serve with flour tortillas.
Keywords: chicken, chicken breasts, chicken fajita, chili, entree, Food, Recipe, soup