Buffalo Chipotle Chili
A second try at a scrumptious chili with buffalo and chipotle because you know what they say: If at first you don't succeed try again...with less peppers.
- 1 pound ground buffalo
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can chili beans in sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 7 ounce can mild diced green chilies
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate chopped
Brown buffalo meat in a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Strain. Set aside.
To the same pot that you cooked the meat in add the olive oil and onions. Cook 3 minutes. Return the meat to the pan and add in the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 2 hours.
Spoon into bowls and serve hot.
Keywords: buffalo, chili, chipotle, comfort food, Food, gluten freen, ground buffalo, Recipe, soup