Herb and Garlic Roasted Chicken
A simple, flavorful chicken with fresh herbs and roasted garlic. A perfect Sunday supper.
- 3 sage leaves chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 chicken leg quarters rinsed and pat dry
- 5 large garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl combine sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil. Stir to combine.
Rub mixture all over chicken pieces.
Place chicken in a cast iron skillet or other oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle garlic around chicken, pour chicken broth over the top. Place in oven and bake for 30 -45 minutes or until internal temperature is 170 degrees.
Transfer chicken to a serving platter, spoon roasted garlic cloves over the top. Serve.
Keywords: American, chicken, chicken broth, chicken quarters, Food, fresh herbs, garlic, Recipe, roasted garlic, rosemary, sage, sunday dinner, thyme