Cheese Tortellini with Pesto and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Cheesy tortellini tossed with sun dried tomatoes in a pesto sauce.
- 1 9 ounce package fresh cheese tortellini pasta
- 1/2 cup pesto see below
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Transfer to serving bowl.
Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and cheese in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
With the food processor running, slowly pour in a steady stream of extra virgin olive oil until combined. Refrigerate any unused portion in a airtight container for up to 1 week.
Mix pesto with tortellini and sun dried tomatoes. Toss to coat pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Keywords: basic pesto, basic pesto recipe, cheese tortellini, Food, fresh pasta, packaged pasta, pasta, pesto, Recipe, sun dried tomatoes