Thai Red Prawn Curry
Succulent prawns simmered in a coconut curry sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 serrano peppers diced (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper ribs removed, diced
- 1 14 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 pound 31-40 count prawns peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onions, bell pepper and serrano peppers (if using) until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add coconut milk, curry paste, sesame oil and ginger. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Add prawns. Cook 6-7 minutes or until the prawns turns pink. Serve over rice.
Keywords: bell pepper, coconut milk, curry, curry paste, green peppers, jasmine rice, prawn, serrano peppers, thai