I’m guessing you still might have a few hard boiled eggs left over from Easter celebrations. If not, you are going want to make some soon so that you can try these creamy guacamole deviled eggs.
My sister-in-law is great. You see she and I text each other back and forth talking about Master Chef and whether or not we have tried different recipes. And she is always sending me new recipe ideas, in fact she was the first one to mention guacamole deviled eggs to me.
I was a little skeptical at first but knew they had a chance because I adore avocado and egg together like in one of my favorite breakfasts, avocado toast with a fried egg on top.
Despite my skepticism, I was pleasantly surprised by these little devils. They are creamy without the addition of mayonnaise. Tangy because of the lime juice. And just plain good. Don’t take my word for it. Try it yourself.
Guacamole Deviled EggsPrint Recipe
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 cup finely minced yellow onion
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced small
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, diced small
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- cilantro for garnish
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk.
Place the yolk in a bowl. Place avocado in the bowl. Mash together with the yolk.
Stir in all remaining ingredients, except for cilantro. Mix well.
Spoon filling into eggs. Top with a cilantro leaf for garnish.