Crab Tater Tots
Everyone's favorite potato snack gets an upgrade with Alaskan crab to make the ultimate tater tot: Crab Tater Tots.
- 3 cups refrigerated shredded hashbrowns
- 2 cups Alaska King Crab meat about 1/2 pound
- 1/2 cup diced green onion green tops only
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil for frying
Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl. Mix well.
Use a heaping tablespoon of mixture and form into tot shape. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
Place on a baking sheet or large plate. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
When ready heat 1/2 inch of oil in a pan to 350 degrees. Once hot fry tots, in batches if necessary, until golden brown, about 3 - 4 minutes.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
Repeat until all tots are fried. Serve hot.
Keywords: alaskan crab, Crab, seafood, tots