Well here it is, the day after Christmas and while I love mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy and all the fixings, if I see another plate of the traditional holiday meal I may just explode. It is days like to today when I begin craving something other than traditional American food. A quick stirfy is always a nice option for this. This Spicy Chicken Teriyaki Stirfry, has juicy marinated chicken, crunchy vegetables and just the right combination of sweet and spicy.
Spicy Chicken Teriyaki Stir FryPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, juilened
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked according to package instructions
Combine the chicken, teriyaki sauce, 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, salt and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
In a large skillet or wok, heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook through. Approximately 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add the veggies and saute for 2-3 minutes, until they are slightly soft, but still firm.
Next add soy sauce and remaining chili garlic sauce. Return the chicken to the pan and saute for 3 more minutes.
Scoop jasmine rice onto a plate and spoon stir fry over it.