I have kind of been on a spinach kick lately, serving it sauteed or in a soup like my Spinach and Potato Puree, so salad seemed like the next logical step. Spinach, crimini mushrooms, red onions and goat cheese are tossed with a tangy Dijon vinaigrette.
Spinach Salad with Dijon VinaigrettePrint Recipe
- 1 (9 ounce) bag of baby spinach leaves
- 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 4 ounces of goat cheese crumbles
- sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients, except dressing in a bowl.
Once all of your ingredients are in the bowl, add desired amount of dressing and toss.
In a jar with a lid, combine garlic, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Close lid and shake vigorously. (Note: I bought one of those salad cruets that come with Good Seasons Italian dressing and it makes the perfect jar for any kind of vinaigrette)
Once combined, add olive oil. Shake vigorously. Serve over salad.
If you don't use all of the dressing, you can refrigerate it for about a week. For a little extra something, you can cook up a few slices of bacon and crumble that over the top of the salad. Enjoy!